- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES KTMCTY COLLECT?
- HOW DOES KTMCTY USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
- HOW DOES KTMCTY DISCLOSE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
- CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES KTMCTY COLLECT?
Here are the types of information we gather:
For each visitor to our Site, our server automatically recognizes information regarding the customer’s domain name (or that of the visitor’s access provider) but not the email address.
We may also automatically collect other non-personal information such as the type of browser you are using, the address of the website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your internet service provider, the pages you visit on the Site and the duration of your visit.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We also collect and aggregate information volunteered by customers such as when you communicate with us electronically.
When you download or use apps provided by KTMCTY or its affiliates and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
HOW DOES KTMCTY USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
We use information about our customers for the specific purpose for which it was collected. For example, we may use information:
- To create and manage your online account.
- To facilitate your purchase, return or exchange either online or at one of our retail stores.
- To facilitate your participation in contests or promotions.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, by email or text message.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Site).
- To understand our customers and to perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, and anonymization).
- To respond to your comments or questions, or application for employment.
- As otherwise required or permitted by law.
HOW DOES KTMCTY DISCLOSE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
We share information on a limited basis with our parent company and affiliates who provide services on our behalf. We also share it on a limited basis with service providers we use from time to time to provide services on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and providing customer service.
Your information may be maintained and processed by our parent company, affiliates and service providers in Canada or other jurisdictions. While in these jurisdictions, your information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in accordance with applicable laws. For details on the manner in which our service providers treat your information, contact us as set out below. We may disclose personal information when we believe it is appropriate to enforce or apply our Site’s Terms + Conditions, and/or other agreements; protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, or others; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In case KTMCTY, or substantially all of its assets are acquired or proposed to be acquired by one or more third parties as a result of a merger, sale, consolidation or liquidation, customer information may be disclosed in connection therewith.
CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You can access and make changes to certain personal information by logging in to your KTMCTY account and going to the Profile Page in My Account. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Certain activities through the Site, such as special promotions, may be linked with those from other unrelated third party companies that offer you the option to share your personal information with the third party. We will not share your personal information with those third party companies; only you can if you make that choice.